Sunday, February 26, 2006

New found inspiration.


This past weekend has been great for me. I finally got the chance to meet one of my favorite fellow artists.
Mr. Alberto Ruiz. I recently met up with him at Megacon comic convention in Orlando. Seeing his work first hand
in person gives you a greater respect for his art. He doesn't simply draw sexy girls or naked women. His line quality
and rhythm in his work is awesome. His drawings have a great sense of life in them that I never realized until seeing
them up close. It was truly great to see his sketches and "scribblettes". On top of that he's a great guy to talk to.
I've met some artists I admire in the past that are very standoffish and smug about their popularity. But he's very humble
and a guy that the common artist can relate to. It's good when fame (even though he won't admit to being a big dog)
doesn't go to one's head. While he may not be big in many peoples eyes he's big among certain art circles yet he's just
like you and I. I highly recommend checking out his work if you haven't already. You can see his art at: www.brandstudio.com
I have been very inspired to create and let the art flow so I'm gonna go draw some good stuff now. I'd just like to thank Mr. Ruiz for the kind words and the great art. Keep spillin the ink brother, I know I will.

1 comment:

Process Junkie said...

Thanks for the kind words, Ray, it was nice meeting you as well, keep up the good work!

-A